Turbo is a high-capacity, reliable, secure, and fast storage solution. It is tuned for large files (which corresponds roughly to be files in 1 megabyte in size or larger), but it is still capable of efficiently storing small files, such as: word documents, spreadsheets, image files, etc.
Turbo enables investigators across the University of Michigan to store and access data needed for their research via a local host in a lab or our High Performance Computing Clusters, such as: Great Lakes, Lighthouse, and Armis2. Additionally, it supports the storing of sensitive data on HIPAA compliant systems, such as the Armis2 cluster managed by ARC.
Turbo rates (a U-M Shortcode is required to order this service)
- Unreplicated: $6.49 per terabyte per month ($77.88 per year)
- Replicated: $13.02 per terabyte per month ($156.22 per year)
Visit our Ordering Storage page to see an overview of what is needed to set up a new Turbo volume. Use your UMICH (Level-1) credentials and Duo two-factor authentication to login via the ITS Service Request (SRS) Portal or the ITS General Computing provision page.
Information about the SRS and how to use it can be found throughout the SRS system.
Here are some additional resources:
- Using the Service Request System
- Access and Permissions
- Chartfield Change Request
- Format the Inventory and Location Report
Med School and LSA Researcher Storage Information
Researchers in the Medical School and College of Literature, Science, and the Arts can take advantage of free or subsidized storage options through their respective academic units.
- Medical School researchers can contact HITS-RAAC-HPC-Support@umich.edu for more information.
- LSA researchers can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Be aware that if you have a multi-protocol or NFS Turbo volume that is mounted on the Great Lakes HPC Cluster, there is no need to set up a separate Globus endpoint.