We are excited to introduce a brand-new feature of Great Lakes to researchers who need hardware acceleration for their visualization requirements. ARC has created a specialized “viz” partition, consisting of four nodes equipped with NVIDIA P40 GPUs. These nodes are accessible through Open OnDemand’s Remote Desktop functionality.
Key details about this new feature:
- Jobs utilizing the viz partition have a maximum walltime of 2 hours.
- The charge rate for the viz partition is currently aligned with our standard partition.
To make use of the viz partition, follow these steps:
- Create a Remote Desktop job on Great Lakes via Open OnDemand.
- Request the “viz” partition, specifying 1 node and 1 GPU (Please note that we have only one GPU available per node).
- Prefix any application you intend to run with accelerated graphics with the command “vglrun.” (example: “vglrun glxgears”)
For questions or support requests, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.