Users of high performance computing resources are invited to meet ARC-TS HPC operators and support staff in person at an upcoming user meeting:
- Monday, October 17, 1:10 – 5 p.m., 2001 LSA Building (500 S. State St.)
- Wednesday, November 9, 1 – 5 p.m., 1180 Duderstadt Center (2281 Bonisteel Blvd., North Campus)
- Monday, December 12, 1 – 5 p.m., 4515 Biomedical Science Research Building (BSRB, 109 Zina Pitcher Pl.)
There is not a set agenda; come at anytime and stay as long as you please. You can come and talk about your use of any sort of computational resource, Flux, Armis, Hadoop, XSEDE, Amazon, or other.
Ask any questions you may have. The ARC-TS staff will work with you on your specific projects, or just show you new things that can help you optimize your research.
This is also a good time to meet other researchers doing similar work.
This is open to anyone interested; it is not limited to Flux users.
Examples of potential topics:
- What ARC-TS services are there, and how to access them?
- I want to do X, do you have software capable of it?
- What is special about GPU/Xeon Phi/Accelerators?
- Are there resources for people without budgets?
- I want to apply for grant X, but it has certain limitations. What support can ARC-TS provide?
- I want to learn more about the compiler and debugging?
- I want to learn more about performance tuning, can you look at my code with me?