COMSOL Licenses for the Great Lakes Cluster
NOTE: COMSOL licenses from the College of Engineering COMSOL Research License Cost-Sharing Program cannot be used on any ARC cluster.
COMSOL is a very expensive package to license, and are only a few researchers who need to use it. We have five licenses for an older COMSOL, version 5.1, that users of the Great Lakes on-campus nodes can freely use as-is. That version has a number of additional COMSOL modules. That license has been paid, so we will provide it so long as it gets some use.
Changes will be coming to how you must request licenses. Mail will be sent to COMSOL users with details later in May. Posted May 10, 2022
For those who need newer a newer version, we have two licenses for COMSOL, version 5.6 that we will continue to renew for at least three years. Those licenses are for the base COMSOL only. If a research group needs an additional toolbox, then we offer the following cost-sharing plan.
- The research group will pay for the first year’s license for the desired modules.
- ARC will install the licenses and begin monitoring use.
- ARC will commit to renewal of the modules for three additional years beyond the initial license year.
- In the third year, ARC will review use of the module(s), and if usage is sufficiently high and/or diverse, ARC may, at its discretion, choose to continue renewal beyond the third year on a year-by-year basis.
- COMSOL licenses expire Jun 30, and we will review usage at the beginning of Jun for those that do not fall under automatic eligibility.
- We reserve the right to remove older versions of COMSOL from Great Lakes once licenses have expired.
As of May 10, 2022, we have a license for one concurrent user for these modules,
|LiveLink for MATLAB||2021||2|
If you have questions about licensing COMSOL, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide additional information, discuss details, or initiate purchase of COMSOL modules.