COMSOL Licenses for the Great Lakes Cluster
NOTE: COMSOL licenses from the College of Engineering COMSOL Research License Cost-Sharing Program cannot be used on any ARC cluster.
COMSOL is a very expensive package to license, and are only a few researchers who need to use it. We have five licenses for an older COMSOL, version 5.1, that users of the Great Lakes on-campus nodes can freely use as-is. That version has a number of additional COMSOL modules. That license has been paid, so we will provide it so long as it gets some use.
For those who need newer a newer version, we have two licenses for COMSOL, version 5.6 that we will continue to renew for at least three years. Those licenses are for the base COMSOL only. If a research group needs an additional toolbox, then we offer the following cost-sharing plan.
- The research group will pay for the first year’s license for the desired modules.
- ARC will install the licenses and begin monitoring use.
- ARC will commit to renewal of the modules for three additional years beyond the initial license year.
- In the third year, ARC will review use of the module(s), and if usage is sufficiently high and/or diverse, ARC may, at its discretion, choose to continue renewal beyond the third year on a year-by-year basis.
- COMSOL licenses expire Jun 30, and we will review usage at the beginning of Jun for those that do not fall under automatic eligibility.
- We reserve the right to remove older versions of COMSOL from Great Lakes once licenses have expired.
As of Sep 14, 2021, we have a license for one concurrent user for these modules,
|Battery design module||2021|
in addition to the two concurrent users of COMSOL Multiphysics.
If you have questions about licensing COMSOL, please contact email@example.com and we will be happy to provide additional information, discuss details, or initiate purchase of COMSOL modules.