To provide faster transfers of data from ARC services, ARC will be decommissioning the Flux-Xfer servers on January 9, 2023. You will need to update how you migrate your data.
For everyone who uses ARC storage services, especially Data Den users: This message is VERY important! This change includes the use of scp from Flux-Xfer, as well as the Globus endpoint umich#flux. Any shared endpoints that you have created on umich#flux will be automatically migrated to a new Globus collection on January 9. Those who use Data Den should take special interest in Item 1 listed below.
Action item – Use the new endpoints
- If you currently use globus and umich#flux to access your Locker or Data Den volume, you should use the Globus Collection ‘UMich ARC Locker Non-Sensitive Volume Collection’ for Locker, and the Globus Collection ‘UMich ARC Data Den Non-Sensitive Volume Collection’ for Data Den.
- If you currently use globus and umich#flux to access your Turbo volumes, you should use the Globus Collection ‘UMich ARC Turbo Non-Sensitive Volume Collection’.
- If you currently use globus and umich#flux to access other storage volumes, you should use the Globus Collection ‘umich#greatlakes’.
- If you currently use scp on flux-xfer to copy data to/from Turbo, you should use ‘globus-xfer1.arc-ts.umich.edu’.
- Visit the Globus File Transfer user guide on the ARC website for any refreshers on how to use Globus.
How can we help you?
For assistance or questions, please contact ARC at email@example.com.