- Operating system update to CentOS 7.7
- Slurm update to 19.05.5
- Singularity update to 3.5.2
- All Turbo volumes migrated to new Turbo cluster
Great Lakes, Lighthouse, and Armis2 maintenance tasks:
- OS updates
- Update to Slurm 19.05 (pending testing)
- OFED (OpenFabrics) updates for InfiniBand
- GPFS updates (Great Lakes)
- Globus hardware update (Lighthouse: this will not affect how anyone will access Lighthouse via Globus)
- Transition /home directories to new hardware (all clusters)
- Transition /scratch directories to new hardware (Lighthouse, Armis2)
ConFlux maintenance tasks:
- OS updates
- GPFS/ESS updates
- CUDA update
- InfiniBand switch software updates
- Updating and Patching the operating system
Locker and Data Den Maintenance tasks:
- Updating Locker Server software and storage firmware.
- Change a setting to fix an NFS issue pertaining to recalls from tape.
Turbo Maintenance tasks:
- Migration of ARC-TS specific shares from the old Turbo cluster to new Turbo cluster.
Countdown to maintenance
For Great Lakes, Lighthouse, and Armis2 HPC jobs, you can use the command “maxwalltime” to discover the amount of time remaining until the beginning of the maintenance. Jobs requesting more walltime than remains before the maintenance will be queued and started after the maintenance is completed.
We will post status updates on our Twitter feed ( https://twitter.com/arcts_um ) throughout the course of the maintenance and send an email to all HPC users when the maintenance has been completed. Updates will also be posted at http://arc-ts.umich.edu/winter-2020-maintenance/.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.