- This event has passed.
Tutorial: Learning to use the Community Earth System Model on Flux
May 5, 2016 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Space Research Building Auditorium, Room 2246
If you are interested in learning how to operate the Community Earth System Model (CESM) global climate modeling system using U-M computing resources, please attend this interactive tutorial.
- Compile CESM on the U-M computing cluster Flux
- Run a short (e.g., 1 day) global atmosphere simulation with CESM
- Visualize model output and compute global averages of key model states
- Learn how to implement a simple source code change
- Gain pointers to online resources that can help with the customization of the model for unique research needs
- RSVP: Contact Prof. Flanner at firstname.lastname@example.org.