- This event has passed.
- « MICDE Seminar: “Mathematical Modeling of Engineering and Industrial Problems: What oil and gas well cementing and vascular-targeted drug carriers have in common,” Mariana Carrasco-Teja, U-M Chemical Engineering — May 4
- Registration open for NCSA Blue Waters Symposium for Petascale Science and Beyond — May 10-13 »
Tutorial: Learning to use the Community Earth System Model on Flux — May 6
May 6, 2015 @ 12:00 am
If you are interested in learning how to operate the Community Earth System Model (CESM) global climate modeling system using U-M computing resources, please consider attending an upcoming interactive tutorial: Time/Date/Location: 1:30 – 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 6, Space Research Building Auditorium (Room 2246). Presenter: Mark Flanner, Assistant Professor, AOSS Topics:
- Compile CESM on the U of M computing cluster Flux
- Run a basic configuration of CESM
- Visualize model output and compute global averages of key model states.
- Learn how to implement a simple source code change
- Explore some of the numerous configurations of CESM
RSVP: Contact Prof. Flanner at email@example.com.