- This event has passed.
REMINDER: Flux Summer 2015 Outage — July 31 through Aug. 7
July 31, 2015 @ 12:00 am - August 7, 2015 @ 12:00 am
Flux, Flux Hadoop, and their storage systems (/home, /home2, /scratch, and HDFS) will be unavailable starting at 7 a.m. Friday, July 31st, returning to service on Friday, August 7th.
- During this time, the following updates have been planned:
- OS and supporting software updates for the cluster. This will be a minor update to the currently installed RedHat version (RHEL 6.5)
- Cluster management software will be updated and reconfigured onto new hardware
- Networking for the HPC and Hadoop clusters and the supporting compute servers will be reconfigured. Due to these changes, some hostnames will change. We will update everyone when those new names become definitive.
- Updates to the Lustre filesystem /scratch (both configuration and software)
- Updates to some default software versions and retirement of some older software packages and/or versions.
- Software updates to the Hadoop cluster
Status updates will be posted on the ARC-TS Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/arcts_um)