- This event has passed.
Registration open for MICDE Symposium — April 7
April 7, 2016 @ 12:00 am
The Michigan Institute for Computational Discovery and Engineering (MICDE) Annual Symposium will take place April 7 in the Rackham Building on U-M’s Central Campus. Space is limited. Please register using this form. The symposium will feature an outstanding group of speakers:
- Irene Qualters, Director, NSF Division of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure
- Linda Petzold, 2016 SIAM awardee, Professor of Computational Science and Engineering, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Mark Taylor, DOE Secretary’s Honor Award winner 2014, Chief Computational Scientist, Accelerated Climate Modeling for Energy, Sandia National Laboratory
- James Sethian, AMS/SIAM Norbert Wiener Prize winner, Department of Mathematics, University of California, Berkeley
- Zoltan Cendes, Co-Founder (retired) of Ansoft Corp. (now part of ANSYS)
- Talks featuring some of the most compelling new research by U-M faculty: Ann Jeffers, Civil and Environmental Engineering; Shravan Veerapaneni, Mathematics; and Alberto Figueroa, Biomedical Engineering and Vascular Surgery.
The symposium will also include a poster session highlighting outstanding computational work from U-M researchers and students. To participate in the poster session, please fill out this form. Visit the symposium website for a complete agenda.