- This event has passed.
“Managing Big Data for Life Sciences” — Sept. 25 at NCRC
September 25, 2013 @ 12:00 am
The Education Division of Cambridge Computer Services Inc. will present a talk by Sanjay Joshi, Chief Technology Officer of EMC Isilon Storage Division, at 11 a.m. on September 25 at the North Campus Research Complex. Titled “Managing Big Data for Life Sciences with EMC Isilon and Cambridge Computer,” Joshi’s talk will outline how Isilon’s data storage and access services can be used in life sciences research. The presentation will address:
- How other research groups at U-M are leveraging Isilon for LIfe Sciences
- How Isilon supports multiple research workflows and business requirements
- How Isilon accelerates research result times with concurrent access to critical data
- How Isilon integrates with Hadoop data analytics technologies
- How Isilon provides self-managing and provisioning capacity while monitoring system health and improving availability.
To register, and for more information, visit http://umich-lifesciences-dm.eventbrite.com/. The event is free.