- This event has passed.
CSCAR Data Science Skills Series adds session on Pandas case studies — Feb. 17
February 17, 2016 @ 12:00 am
CSCAR is offering a series of workshops on data science skills using Python. The workshops will be held in the Earl Lewis room in the Rackham building. All workshops will take place on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-5. No registration is necessary and there is no fee to attend. Please note: A new section has been added on Pandas case studies.
- January 27: Data management with Pandas
- February 10: Graphics and data visualization with Matplotlib and Bokeh
- NEW: February 17: Pandas case studies (CMS data analyses)
- February 24: Basic statistical analysis with Statsmodels
- March 9: Sklearn for predictive analysis and data exploration
- March 23: Advanced regression analysis (GEE, mixed models and multiple imputation) with Statsmodels
- April 6: Survival analysis with Statsmodels
Additional workshops will be scheduled on the following topics, dates to be announced:
- Geospatial analysis
- Building and accessing databases
- MPI, parallel, and distributed computing
Class material will be posted on the series website.