Basic Rclone commands
- rclone config – Enter an interactive configuration session.
- rclone copy – Copy files from source to dest, skipping already copied.
- rclone sync – Make source and dest identical, modifying destination only.
- rclone move – Move files from source to dest.
- rclone delete – Remove the contents of path.
- rclone purge – Remove the path and all of its contents.
- rclone mkdir – Make the path if it doesn’t already exist.
- rclone rmdir – Remove the path.
- rclone ls – List all the objects in the path with size and path.
- rclone lsd – List all directories/containers/buckets in the path
For this example, to copy data between Box and your home directory you could do the following. The remote for Box is this instance is called umichbox. The basic structure for the copy command is this:
rclone copy source:sourcepath dest:destpath
To copy from box to your home directory:
- rclone copy umichbox:/<item to be copied> /home/<uniqname>/
From your home directory to box:
- rclone copy /home/<uniqname>/<item to be copied> umichbox:/
More commands and instructions on command usage can be found here.