Winter maintenance is coming up! See the details below. Reach out to email@example.com with questions or if you need help.
These services will be unavailable:
- Great Lakes – We will be updating Great Lakes on a rolling basis throughout December and beginning of January, and if successful, there should be no downtime or impact, with the following exceptions:
- Single precision GPUs (SPGPU) will be down Jan. 4-5 for networking maintenance. Those nodes will return back to production when maintenance has been completed and the nodes have been reloaded.
- Customers will be notified via email of any changes to Great Lakes maintenance that will require downtime.
- If unsuccessful, the Great Lakes maintenance will begin on Jan. 4-5, starting at 8am. In either case, we will email everyone with the updated maintenance status.
- Globus on the storage transfer nodes: Jan. 17-18.
- No downtime for ARC storage systems maintenance (Turbo, Locker, and Data Den).
- Open OnDemand (OOD) users will need to re-login. Any existing jobs will continue to run and can be reconnected in the OOD portal.
- Login servers will be updated, and the maintenance should not have any effect on most users. Those who are affected will be contacted directly by ARC.
- Copy any data and files that may be needed during maintenance to your local drive using Globus File Transfer before maintenance begins.
- Slurm email will be improved, providing more detailed information about completed jobs.
Countdown to maintenance
For Great Lakes HPC jobs, use the command “maxwalltime” to discover the amount of time remaining until maintenance begins.
Jobs that request more walltime than remains until maintenance will automatically be queued and start once maintenance is complete. If the plan for Great Lakes maintenance is successful, any queued jobs will be able to run as usual (except for the SPGPU nodes as discussed above). Customers will be notified via email if downtime is required for Great Lakes.
Status updates and additional information
- Status updates will be available on the ARC Twitter feed, ITS service status page, and the ARC 2022 Winter Maintenance web page throughout the course of the maintenance.
- ARC will send an email to all HPC users when the maintenance has been completed.
How can we help you?
For assistance or questions, please contact ARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.