- This event has passed.
U-M 3D Lab Open House — Jan. 15
January 15, 2016 @ 12:00 am
Curious about new technologies, or have a project in mind but not sure where to start? The UM3D Lab Fall Open House will feature demonstrations of Virtual Reality, Rapid Prototyping, Motion Capture, 3D Capturing, Mobile Development, Animations, and more. In addition to various new technology, projects, and expertise, this semester we’re excited to display:
- Oculus Rift Head Mounted Display – try out the acclaimed headset and see what low-cost Virtual Reality can do.
- Cube 3D Printers – ever want to print something in 3D? Come see the new Cube 3 printers that will be replacing the Cube 2.
- Our 3D Printing Service now includes a couple “Printrbot” 3D Printers.
- Unreal Engine in Virtual Reality – The 3D Lab’s MIDEN (our 10×10′ immersive, stereoscopic, virtual reality space) is now capable of running environments created in the Unreal game engine. The Unreal Engine allows for a higher level of immersion in virtual environments by providing an array of realistic materials and atmospheric effects.
- Photogrammetry station allowing for quick scanning of objects big and small.
Join us to see all of the amazing technology and services available to you through the Library. UM3D Lab Winter Open House Friday, January 15th 12:00pm to 6:00pm UM3D Lab, Digital Media Commons First Floor of the Duderstadt Center